Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ombre?

I am not hip or fashionable in the least. I've never been accused of having a particularly good "eye", and I do not make an effort to stay informed of the latest trends. For all of those reasons, it's not surprising when I suddenly look around and notice that everyone has embraced a style I know nothing about.


With that said, what the heck is up with the "Ombre" thing? It is everywhere. Hair, clothing, even furniture. Can someone please explain to me why it's acceptable to dye only the bottom half of your hair (of note, I do not dye my hair at all) and to paint a nice piece of furniture three shades of the same color? It's funny looking, I don't like it, and I don't understand why it's so trendy.

Update: My case and point, this new post from Design Sponge. Why?

1 comment:

cosas del mar said...

Ashley, I just had to ask my roommate what in the world you were talking about! But after doing some internet research, I've come to the conclusion that ombre hair is the equivalent of Portuguese surfer hair. No lie. Come December, every surfer's hair looks exactly like that.